Resume and Cover LettersBy HRNasty
1. Avoid Resume Objective Statements
2. Effective template for cover letters
I do throw out a lot of cover letters without reading them. Usually because I take one look at the cover letter and quickly figure out before reading it whether I want to read it or not. Usually I don’t. This post provides a template for an EASY TO READ, ATTENTION GETTING cover letter.
3. What I as a recruiter think about as I read your resume
Why the lay out matters
- Easiest to read and look at will generally get the first call
- Numbers quantify actions
- In this post, I start the clock and narrate the 15 seconds of what I am thinking as I look through a resume. What works, what doesn’t work, and how to keep me the recruiter engaged on your document enough so that I not only read what matters, but pick up the phone to call you.